LiFi Hand hygiene monitoring
Over de innovatie
This technology allows for:
- push messaging;
- tracking and tracing of devices;
- accurate indoor navigation;
- high-speed and secured internet streaming.
This technology is especially useful for environments where the connectivity via WIFI or 4G/5G is either not desired, allowed, fast or secure enough.
Hospital-acquired infections (HAI) are often caused by medical staff, carrying germs from one patient to the next. Hand hygiene guidelines are necessary to help preventing these HAIs, however, compliance is subject to human error.
Since Hospitals want to limit or eliminate RF where possible, we use light. Using lamps or IR as access points has the additional advantage that it allows to combine Bluetooth, RFID, WiFi and more into one single protocol. LiFi is all-in-one.
Ellipz offers a 360 degrees solution to its customers, that exists out of 3 main parts:
● Infrastructure - we add the necessary hardware to your lighting network, so
it becomes LiFi ready (easy to install modular systems)
● LiFi Sensors - we add the necessary LiFi sensors to your assets, so they can
communicate using light (example: sanitation dispensers, beds, medical
● Data and software - allows for customized insights, tracking of progress and
● Once the network is set-up, new services can be added, such as track & trace of assets.
Sustainable Healthcare Challenge 2020