Over de innovatie
MedAngel ONE is reliable, easy to use and highly scalable.
Moreover, research by the Sint Maartenskliniek and the UMC Utrecht shows that 93% of patients store their medications wrongly in the domestic refrigerator .
Every time the temperature dangerously changes or the safe temperature range is exceeded the user gets an alarm and can either protect the medications or replace them.
The list of medications and temperature ranges is curated by our team and regularly updated from EU and US regulatory agencies. This eliminates the possibility of human mistake by users.
The interface is based on hearts and colors, to make abstract raw information useful and meaningful.
2. Intuitive user interface that abstracts raw measurements into meaningful information and alerts. (Hearts and colors based)
3. Reliable and accurate sensing (medical grade)
4. Versatile and scalable. It requires simply an Android or iOS device, no other technical pre-requisites.
Users set up their medications and mode of storage in the app.
The app warns users before a dangerous level is reached or if it is exceeded.
A number of projects are dealing with this problem, none of them yet available commercially and the cheapest next alternative costs more than triple the cost of our solution.
Our innovation makes it possible to reduce the wastage of medications caused by uncertainty.
2. Later a subscription based revenue.
Planning patent application on future development.
2. Is our solution useful?
3. Is our solution usable?
4. Are our technical and design choices valid?
5. Are people willing to pay for this solution?
Commercial users ~1200
This figure is reduced to 10.1% among MedAngel users.
2. Fine tuning communication and marketing message
3. Develop distribution channels and establish brand before new competitors enter the market.
A number of user interface and technical improvements were implemented.
• Joined Rockstart Digital Health Accelerator program in fall 2015 and graduated in 2016.
• Raised Seed investment from a group of Dutch, German and US investors.
• Sponsored by Bayer Grants4Apps startup program.
• Partner of the Health Valley network and the Dutch National Health deal.
1. Direct B2C: fast, direct and helps to better understand users and build the brand. We sell our products directly and through a network of distributors. We currently have one US, one FR and one UAE distributors. Deals in the pipeline for NL, DE and UK.
2. B2B: as part of teh care package offered by the insurers or the hospital. Longer to implement, but helps achieve high volume.
We also run campaigns on social media platforms.
- Winner of the Deloitte Digital Health Innovation Award
- Rockstart Digital Health 2016 Alumnus
- Bayer Grants4Apps 2016 guest
- ING startup of the month March 2016
- Top 10 diabetes technology forecast of the American Diabetes Association (to be published in March 2017)
2. Evolve into providing more protection for medication, not just monitoring.
3. Develop a monitoring variant for small medical practices and institutions.
2. Expand the focus from more than just diabetes and auto-immune diseases to other conditions and animal health.
3. Potentially grow vertically to cover the previous step in the cold chain.
2. Reach a sales volume of 20,000 units in 2017
3. Close a pilot or a first deal with a payer (insurer or hospital)