Over de innovatie
- Small Delft Medtech company (100% owned by original founders) that fundamentally changed the vision on training of laparoscopy worldwide.
- reached a Technology Readyness Level (TRL) 10 status last year by becoming mandatory in Germany for Gynecologists. The Netherlands is running up.
- Only system that certify laparoscopic skills based on real live objective data (i.e.Tissue interaction force, instrument motion and task time)
- Use real surgical instruments to increase transfer of trained skills to medical practice.
-Sales in 3 continents, over 2000 registered users since introduction and used in 20+ hospitals
Also we showed that the use of steerable instruments in laparoscopy without proper training of tissue handling safety is not without risks.
Organisations: EAES Europe, AGE Germany
• Athanasiou Award for best submission ABME 2017-2018
• Best Technology Award (PhD student), EAES Frankfurt 2017
• Royal Prins Friso “Engineer of the year award”, The Netherlands 2016
• Finalist & Runner up 3-in-5 competition DMD USA 2015
• Public award - Entrepreneurial Scientist Award DESA 2012-2013, Delft 2013
• Runner up Delft Entrepreneurial Scientist Award DESA 2012-2013, Delft 2013
• Top 50 best young professionals, 4th place technology, The Netherlands 2011-2012 and 2012-2013
• 1st place sustainable healthcare challenge, Nijenrode 2013
• 2nd place Eureka Mega Challenge, Utrecht 2013
• Daniel F. Kott Award for the Best New Instrumentation - Las Vegas AAGL 2011
• SMIT Young investigator award, Trondheim 2011
• Best business idea New Venture & Best feasibility study New Venture, Nijenrode 2009
• Finalist Philips Innovation Award (PHIA), Rotterdam 2008
-Launch of the dynamic ForceSenseNG in 2021 for Multi steerable laparoscopic instruments
-launch of the Dylab dynamic training task in 2021
-Becoming a EIT health partner in 2020
-Further strengthening of collaborations with TU-Delft, Heidelberg University and VUmc (ASC) to launch a ForceSense system for Robot surgery training in 2022